Canine and Feline Cytology
A Color Atlas and Interpretation Guide
This is a ‘go-to’ reference text for a serious cytologist. Reviewed by: Kathleen Tennant on behalf of Veterinary Record, November 2015
- Comprehensive coverage of all body systems and body fluids ― and the pathological changes associated with various infectious agents ― emphasizes areas in which the application of cytology has the greatest diagnostic value.
- Exceptional-quality, full-color photomicrographs show both normal and abnormal tissue and also include detailed legends.
- Discussions of clinical, differential, and cytological diagnosis accompany the illustrations of lesions and conditions in each chapter.
- Helpful hints for improving specimen quality are provided in discussions of common errors and problems encountered in the preparation of cytological specimens.
- Coverage of histology in organ system chapters demonstrates the histological or histopathologic corollary of cytologic findings.
- Clear, concise descriptions include sampling techniques, slide preparation and examination, and guidelines for interpretation, leading to accurate in-house and commercial laboratory diagnosis.
- Easy-to-use, well-organized format includes many tables, algorithms, boxes, and Key Point callouts for at-a-glance reference.
- NEW examples and identifiers and a new discussion on artifacts address the latest developments in canine and feline cytology.
- NEW! Dozens of new images include photomicrographs of blood and bone marrow cytology.
- NEW! All-new appendix summarizes clinically relevant information on artifacts, special tests, specific characteristics, and much more.
- UPDATED sampling techniques and examination guidelines include information on how and where to test for specific conditions.